Chris Wallace finally learned his fate from CNN after being the main star of the flop of the century, CNN plus, a now shuttered streaming service from the low rated cable network.
Wallace said earlier that even though his future was uncertain he would be alright because he had a massive contract CNN has to pay out. “Two weeks ago, streaming was king,” Wallace said.
“Now suddenly streaming is in an ICU on life support. I have absolutely no idea which is right and which is wrong, but the Discovery people are in charge and so they’ve made the decision.”
He continued: “I’m in good shape, whether it’s CNN or someplace else.
“Frankly, what I’m mostly concerned about right now, and very, is my team and hundreds of other people that had jobs at CNN+.
“Some of them had left CNN to go to streaming.
“Some of them had left other places, moved across the country.
“And so, I think you’re seeing a lot of the anchors at CNN+ doing everything they can to protect the people that were working on their team and to make sure they either get a safe landing at CNN or someplace else,” Wallace said.
According to a new report from The Daily Mail and Puck, Wallace’s fate has been decided.
He will not take Chris Cuomo’s old time slot as was rumored. Instead, he is getting booted over to another streaming service, this time HBA Max.
According to the Mail, “Wallace’s show Who’s Talking To Chris Wallace will move to the HBO streaming service, where new owners Warner Bros. Discovery are focusing their cord-cutting investments.”
New CNN boss Chris Licht has been on the job one week. He sent a memo to staffers warning them that “too many people have lost trust in the news media.”
His memo said:
“I think we can be a beacon in regaining that trust by being an organization that exemplifies the best characteristics of journalism:
“Fearlessly speaking truth to power,
“Challenging the status quo,
“Questioning ‘group-think’ and educating viewers and readers with straightforward facts and insightful commentary,
“While always being respectful of differing viewpoints.
“First and foremost, we should, and we will be advocates for the truth,” he said.
CNN+ crashes and burns, but Chris Wallace survives. Fed up with Fox News, he defected to the new streaming service, which only lasted a couple of weeks. Now his new show will get a second chance on HBO Max. pic.twitter.com/m5fkmV28Nn— Mike Sington (@MikeSington) May 5, 2022
This gets really uncomfortable, really fast…https://t.co/8AO7rY1tnX— Sean Hannity (@seanhannity) April 29, 2022